- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Definitions; ss. 408.901-408.908.
408.901 Definitions; ss. 408.901-408.908.--As used in ss. 408.901-408.908, except as otherwise specifically provided, the term:
(1) "Agency" means the Agency for Health Care Administration.
(2) "Agent" means a person who is licensed to sell health insurance in this state pursuant to chapter 626.
(3) "Applicant" means a person who provides a written application to the agency for enrollment in the MedAccess program but whose application has not received final action.
(4) "Eligible person" means any person who meets the residency requirements of ss. 408.901-408.908.
(5) "Employer" means the state, its political subdivisions, any individual, partnership, association, corporation, or business trust, or any person or group of persons, acting in the interest of any employer in relation to an employee.
(6) "Fund" means the Licensure Fees Trust Fund.
(7) "Health services" means a set of basic health services covered by the MedAccess Program.
(8) "Member" means a Florida resident who has enrolled in the MedAccess program provided in ss. 408.901-408.908.
(9) "Participating provider" means any person who has a current provider agreement with the agency and who is authorized to furnish covered health services pursuant to ss. 408.901-408.908. The agency shall integrate county health departments, federally funded primary care centers, and other outpatient clinics as participating providers in the health insurance program.
(10) "Premium" means the consideration paid or to be paid to the agency for the issuance of health insurance coverage provided by the MedAccess program.
(11) "MedAccess" means the state health program created pursuant to ss. 408.901-408.908.
History.--s. 38, ch. 93-129; s. 109, ch. 97-101.