- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Market conduct examinations.
624.3161 Market conduct examinations.--
(1) As often as it deems necessary, the office shall examine each licensed rating organization, each advisory organization, each group, association, carrier, as defined in s. 440.02, or other organization of insurers which engages in joint underwriting or joint reinsurance, and each authorized insurer transacting in this state any class of insurance to which the provisions of chapter 627 are applicable. The examination shall be for the purpose of ascertaining compliance by the person examined with the applicable provisions of chapters 440, 624, 626, 627, and 635.
(2) In lieu of any such examination, the office may accept the report of a similar examination made by the insurance supervisory official of another state.
(3) The examination may be conducted by an independent professional examiner under contract to the office, in which case payment shall be made directly to the contracted examiner by the insurer examined in accordance with the rates and terms agreed to by the office and the examiner.
(4) The reasonable cost of the examination shall be paid by the person examined, and such person shall be subject, as though an insurer, to the provisions of s. 624.320
(5) Such examinations shall also be subject to the applicable provisions of chapter 440 and ss. 624.318, 624.319, 624.321, and 624.322
History.--s. 442, ch. 59-205; s. 18, ch. 67-9; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 27, ch. 77-468; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 349, 357, 809(2nd), ch. 82-243; ss. 49, 79, ch. 82-386; s. 17, ch. 85-245; ss. 9, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 114, ch. 92-318; s. 5, ch. 97-292; s. 64, ch. 2002-194; s. 771, ch. 2003-261.
Note.--Former s. 627.321.