2005 Florida Statutes
Liabilities, in general.
625.041 Liabilities, in general.--In any determination of the financial condition of an insurer, liabilities to be charged against its assets shall include:
(1) The amount, estimated consistent with the provisions of this code, necessary to pay all of its unpaid losses and claims incurred on or prior to the date of statement, whether reported or unreported, together with the expenses of adjustment or settlement thereof.
(2) With reference to life and health insurance and annuity contracts:
(a) The amount of reserves on life insurance policies and annuity contracts in force, valued according to the tables of mortality, rates of interest, and methods adopted pursuant to this code which are applicable thereto.
(b) Reserves for disability benefits, for both active and disabled lives.
(c) Reserves for accidental death benefits.
(d) Any additional reserves that may be required by the office consistent with practice formulated or approved by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners or its successor organization, on account of such insurance, including contract and premium deficiency reserves.
(3) With reference to insurance other than specified in subsection (2), and other than title insurance, the amount of reserves equal to the unearned portions of the gross premiums charged on policies in force, computed in accordance with this part.
(4) Taxes, expenses, and other obligations due or accrued at the date of the statement.
(5) Any insurer in this state that writes workers' compensation insurance shall accrue a liability on its financial statements for all Special Disability Trust Fund assessments that are due within the current calendar year. In addition, those insurers shall also disclose in the notes to the financial statements required to be filed pursuant to s. 624.424 an estimate of future Special Disability Trust Fund assessments, if the assessments are likely to occur and can be estimated with reasonable certainty.
History.--s. 112, ch. 59-205; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 90, 98, 809(1st), ch. 82-243; s. 41, ch. 89-360; ss. 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 20, ch. 95-211; s. 17, ch. 2001-213; s. 5, ch. 2002-247; s. 6, ch. 2002-282; s. 866, ch. 2003-261.