- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Postsecondary feedback of information to high schools.
1008.37 Postsecondary feedback of information to high schools.--
(1) The State Board of Education shall adopt rules that require the Commissioner of Education to report to the State Board of Education, the Legislature, and the district school boards on the performance of each first-time-in-postsecondary education student from each public high school in this state who is enrolled in a public postsecondary institution or public career center. Such reports must be based on information databases maintained by the Department of Education. In addition, the public postsecondary educational institutions and career centers shall provide district school boards access to information on student performance in regular and preparatory courses and shall indicate students referred for remediation pursuant to s. 1004.91 or s. 1008.30
(2) The Commissioner of Education shall report, by high school, to the State Board of Education and the Legislature, no later than November 30 of each year, on the number of prior year Florida high school graduates who enrolled for the first time in public postsecondary education in this state during the previous summer, fall, or spring term, indicating the number of students whose scores on the common placement test indicated the need for remediation through college-preparatory or vocational-preparatory instruction pursuant to s. 1004.91 or s. 1008.30
(3) The Commissioner of Education shall organize school summary reports and student-level records by school district and high school in which the postsecondary education students were enrolled and report the information to each school district no later than January 31 of each year.
(4) As a part of the school improvement plan pursuant to s. 1008.345, the State Board of Education shall ensure that each school district and high school develops strategies to improve student readiness for the public postsecondary level based on annual analysis of the feedback report data.
(5) The Commissioner of Education shall annually recommend to the Legislature statutory changes to reduce the incidence of postsecondary remediation in mathematics, reading, and writing for first-time-enrolled recent high school graduates.
History.--s. 382, ch. 2002-387; s. 52, ch. 2004-41; s. 110, ch. 2004-357.