- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Community college accountability process.
1008.45 Community college accountability process.--
(1) It is the intent of the Legislature that a management and accountability process be implemented which provides for the systematic, ongoing improvement and assessment of the improvement of the quality and efficiency of the Florida community colleges. Accordingly, the State Board of Education and the community college boards of trustees shall develop and implement an accountability plan to improve and evaluate the instructional and administrative efficiency and effectiveness of the Florida Community College System. This plan shall be designed in consultation with staff of the Governor and the Legislature and must address the following issues:
(a) Graduation rates of A.A. and A.S. degree-seeking students compared to first-time-enrolled students seeking the associate degree.
(b) Minority student enrollment and retention rates.
(c) Student performance, including student performance in college-level academic skills, mean grade point averages for community college A.A. transfer students, and community college student performance on state licensure examinations.
(d) Job placement rates of community college career students.
(e) Student progression by admission status and program.
(f) Career accountability standards identified in s. 1008.42
(g) Institutional assessment efforts related to the requirements of s. III in the Criteria for Accreditation of the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
(h) Other measures as identified by the Council for Education Policy Research and Improvement and approved by the State Board of Education.
(2) The State Board of Education shall submit an annual report, to coincide with the submission of the agency strategic plan required by law, providing the results of initiatives taken during the prior year and the initiatives and related objective performance measures proposed for the next year.
(3) The State Board of Education shall address within the annual evaluation of the performance of the executive director, and the community college boards of trustees shall address within the annual evaluation of the presidents, the achievement of the performance goals established by the accountability process.
History.--s. 392, ch. 2002-387; s. 116, ch. 2004-357.