- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
To duplicate warrants lost or destroyed.
17.13 To duplicate warrants lost or destroyed.--
(1) The Chief Financial Officer is required to duplicate any Chief Financial Officer's warrants that may have been lost or destroyed, or may hereafter be lost or destroyed, upon the owner thereof or the owner's agent or attorney presenting the Chief Financial Officer the statement, under oath, reciting the number, date, and amount of any warrant or the best and most definite description in his or her knowledge and the circumstances of its loss; if the Chief Financial Officer deems it necessary, the owner or the owner's agent or attorney shall file in the office of the Chief Financial Officer a surety bond, or a bond with securities, to be approved by one of the judges of the circuit court or one of the justices of the Supreme Court, in a penalty of not less than twice the amount of any warrants so duplicated, conditioned to indemnify the state and any innocent holders thereof from any damages that may accrue from such duplication.
(2) The Chief Financial Officer is required to duplicate any Chief Financial Officer's warrant that may have been lost or destroyed, or may hereafter be lost or destroyed, when sent to any payee via any state agency when such warrant is lost or destroyed prior to being received by the payee and provided the director of the state agency to whom the warrant was sent presents to the Chief Financial Officer a statement, under oath, reciting the number, date, and amount of the warrant lost or destroyed, the circumstances surrounding the loss or destruction of such warrant, and any additional information that the Chief Financial Officer shall request in regard to such warrant.
(3) Any duplicate Chief Financial Officer's warrant issued in pursuance of the above provisions shall be of the same validity as the original was before its loss.
History.--ss. 1, 3, ch. 1758, 1870; RS 106; GS 110; RGS 122; CGL 152; s. 1, ch. 24280, 1947; s. 1, ch. 73-148; s. 59, ch. 95-147; s. 30, ch. 2003-261.