- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Policy and purpose.
23.121 Policy and purpose.--
(1) Because of the existing and continuing possibility of the occurrence of natural or manmade disasters or emergencies and other major law enforcement problems, including those that cross jurisdictional lines, and in order to ensure that preparations of this state will be adequate to deal with such activity, protect the public peace and safety, and preserve the lives and property of the people of the state, it is found and declared to be necessary:
(a) To create a state law enforcement mutual aid plan which provides for the command and coordination of law enforcement planning, operations, and mutual aid;
(b) To provide for the coordination of the dispatch and use of state law enforcement and Florida National Guard personnel and equipment because of natural or manmade disasters or emergencies whenever a local law enforcement agency requires law enforcement assistance from the state or any other jurisdiction;
(c) To provide for a system for the receipt and dissemination of information, data, and directives pertaining to activities among law enforcement agencies;
(d) To prescribe a procedure for the inventory of all law enforcement personnel, facilities, and equipment in the state;
(e) To collect and disseminate information and intelligence relating to disasters or emergencies, either existing or pending;
(f) To preplan distribution and allocation of state resources in support of the overall law enforcement mission; and
(g) To allow a law enforcement agency to enter into a mutual aid agreement with another law enforcement agency of this state or any other state or with any law enforcement agency of the United States or its territories.
(2) It is further declared to be the purpose of this part to authorize the establishment of such organization and the development and employment of such measures as are necessary and appropriate to carry out the provisions of this part.
History.--s. 2, ch. 69-112; s. 1, ch. 81-142; s. 2, ch. 92-165; s. 1, ch. 93-211.