- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
253.126 Legislative intent.--The limitations and restrictions imposed by this chapter as amended by chapter 67-393, Laws of Florida, upon the construction of islands or the extension or addition to existing lands or islands bordering on or being in the navigable waters, as defined in s. 253.12, shall apply to the state, its agencies and all political subdivisions and governmental units. No other general or special act shall operate to grant exceptions to this section unless this section is specifically repealed thereby.
(1) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the Department of Environmental Protection may authorize, by rule, the Department of Transportation to perform any activity covered by this chapter, upon certification by the agency that it will meet all requirements imposed by statute, rule, or standard for environmental control and protection as such statute, rule, or standard applies to a governmental program. To this end, the department may accept such certification of compliance for programs of the agency, conduct investigations for compliance, and, if a violation is found to exist, take all necessary enforcement action pertaining thereto, including, but not limited to, the revocation of certification. The authorization shall be by rule of the department, shall be limited to the maintenance, repair, or replacement of existing structures, and shall be conditioned upon compliance by the agency with specific guidelines or requirements which are set forth in the formal acceptance and deemed necessary by the department to assure future compliance with this chapter and applicable department rules. Failure of the agency to comply with any provision of the written acceptance shall constitute grounds for its revocation by the department.
(2) The provisions of chapter 120 shall be accorded any person where substantial interests will be affected by an activity proposed to be conducted by such agency pursuant to its certification and the department's acceptance. If a proceeding is conducted pursuant to ss. 120.569 and 120.57, the department may intervene as a party. Should an administrative law judge of the Division of Administrative Hearings of the Department of Management Services submit a recommended order pursuant to ss. 120.569 and 120.57, the Department of Environmental Protection shall issue a final department order adopting, rejecting, or modifying the recommended order pursuant to such action.
History.--s. 6, ch. 57-362; ss. 8, 9, ch. 67-393; s. 75, ch. 71-355; s. 1, ch. 78-437; s. 103, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 74, ch. 94-356; s. 58, ch. 96-410.