- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
State lands; state agency authorization for use prohibited without consent of agency in which title vested; concurrent processing requirements.
253.77 State lands; state agency authorization for use prohibited without consent of agency in which title vested; concurrent processing requirements.--
(1) A person may not commence any excavation, construction, or other activity involving the use of sovereign or other lands of the state, the title to which is vested in the board of trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund under this chapter, until the person has received the required lease, license, easement, or other form of consent authorizing the proposed use.
(2) For applications that are processed concurrently under s. 373.427, the applicant must submit, as part of the application under this part, any information necessary to satisfy the requirements for issuance of any required:
(a) Environmental resource permit or dredge and fill permit under part IV of chapter 373;
(b) Coastal construction permit under s. 161.041;
(c) Coastal construction control line permit under s. 161.053; and
(d) Waiver or variance of the setback requirements under s. 161.052
Authorization under this section may not be issued unless the requirements for issuance of any additional required authorizations, permits, waivers, variances, and approvals described in paragraphs (a)-(d) are also satisfied. The final action on an authorization issued under this subsection shall be subject to s. 373.4275
(3) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, a riparian owner may selectively trim or alter mangroves on adjacent, publicly owned submerged lands, if the selective trimming or alteration is in compliance with the requirements of ss. 1403.93-403.938, including any required permit under ss. 1403.93-403.938.
(4) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, chapter 373, or chapter 403, for activities authorized by a permit or exemption pursuant to chapter 373 or chapter 403, ports listed in s. 403.021(9)(b) and inland navigation districts created pursuant to s. 374.975(3) shall not be required to pay any fees for activities involving the use of sovereign lands, including leases, easements, or consents of use, except application fees including, but not limited to, those required by this chapter, chapter 161, chapter 373, or chapter 403. Further, any federal, state, or local agency or political subdivision that otherwise qualifies for an exemption under chapter 373 or chapter 403 shall be granted a consent of use or public easement for land owned by the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund or any water management district upon request and legal description of the affected land.
History.--ss. 1, 2, ch. 76-245; s. 11, ch. 80-66; s. 12, ch. 84-79; s. 3, ch. 93-34; ss. 79, 495, ch. 94-356; s. 67, ch. 99-251.
1Note.--Sections 403.93-403.936 were repealed by s. 13, ch. 95-299. Section 403.938 was amended and transferred to s. 403.9333 by s. 12, ch. 95-299.