- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Residents' Deposits Trust Fund.
296.12 Residents' Deposits Trust Fund.--
(1) There is created a Residents' Deposits Trust Fund. All moneys received by the home under this section must be deposited into the Residents' Deposits Trust Fund, a local fund that is administered by the home and is not a part of the State Treasury. The home's financial manager shall account for all moneys deposited and any interest accruing on the trust fund.
(2) The residents of the home may voluntarily deposit with the home moneys that the home must receive and keep without charge in the Residents' Deposits Trust Fund. Moneys deposited and interest earned may be withdrawn, in whole or in part, at the will of the resident. Upon the resident's death, any balance that remains and is neither disposed of by will nor paid to his or her heirs at law must be paid to the state in accordance with the provisions of chapter 717.
(3) Upon a resident's discharge or voluntary departure from the home, if such moneys are not demanded at the time of discharge or departure, or within a period of 3 years thereafter, or demanded by the heirs, devisees, or legatees in case of the resident's decease after his or her discharge or voluntary departure, the moneys must be paid to the state as provided in chapter 717.
History.--s. 8, ch. 89-168; s. 13, ch. 92-80; s. 257, ch. 95-148; s. 50, ch. 96-418; s. 10, ch. 98-16; s. 3, ch. 2002-298.