2006 Florida Statutes
Dispensing of medicinal drugs pursuant to facsimile of prescription.
465.035 Dispensing of medicinal drugs pursuant to facsimile of prescription.--
(1) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, it is lawful for a pharmacy to dispense medicinal drugs, including controlled substances authorized under subsection (2), based on reception of an electronic facsimile of the original prescription if all of the following conditions are met:
(a) In the course of the transaction the pharmacy complies with laws and administrative rules relating to pharmacies and pharmacists.
(b) Except in the case of the transmission of a prescription by a person authorized by law to prescribe medicinal drugs:
1. The facsimile system making the transmission provides the pharmacy receiving the transmission with audio communication via telephonic, electronic, or similar means with the person presenting the prescription.
2. At the time of the delivery of the medicinal drugs, the pharmacy has in its possession the original prescription for the medicinal drug involved.
3. The recipient of the prescription shall sign a log and shall indicate the name and address of both the recipient and the patient for whom the medicinal drug was prescribed.
(2) Controlled substances listed in Schedule II as defined in s. 893.03(2) may be dispensed as provided in this section to the extent allowed by 21 C.F.R. s. 1306.11.
History.--s. 5, ch. 90-341; s. 59, ch. 91-137; s. 6, ch. 91-156; s. 8, ch. 91-201; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 94, ch. 97-264; s. 5, ch. 99-186.