- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Greyhound dogracing permits; relocation within a county; conditions.
550.0555 Greyhound dogracing permits; relocation within a county; conditions.--
(1) It is the finding of the Legislature that pari-mutuel wagering on greyhound dogracing provides substantial revenues to the state. It is the further finding that, in some cases, this revenue-producing ability is hindered due to the lack of provisions allowing the relocation of existing dogracing operations. It is therefore declared that state revenues derived from greyhound dogracing will continue to be jeopardized if provisions allowing the relocation of such greyhound racing permits are not implemented. This enactment is made pursuant to, and for the purpose of, implementing such provisions.
(2) Any holder of a valid outstanding permit for greyhound dogracing in a county in which there is only one dogracing permit issued, as well as any holder of a valid outstanding permit for jai alai in a county where only one jai alai permit is issued, is authorized, without the necessity of an additional county referendum required under s. 550.0651, to move the location for which the permit has been issued to another location within a 30-mile radius of the location fixed in the permit issued in that county, provided the move does not cross the county boundary, that such relocation is approved under the zoning regulations of the county or municipality in which the permit is to be located as a planned development use, consistent with the comprehensive plan, and that such move is approved by the department after it is determined at a proceeding pursuant to chapter 120 in the county affected that the move is necessary to ensure the revenue-producing capability of the permittee without deteriorating the revenue-producing capability of any other pari-mutuel permittee within 50 miles; the distance shall be measured on a straight line from the nearest property line of one racing plant or jai alai fronton to the nearest property line of the other.
History.--s. 12, ch. 92-348; s. 14, ch. 2000-354.