2006 Florida Statutes
Motor fuel retail business; certain activities permitted.
849.092 Motor fuel retail business; certain activities permitted.--The provisions of s. 849.09 shall not be construed to prohibit or prevent persons who are licensed to conduct business under s. 206.404, from giving away prizes to persons selected by lot, if such prizes are made on the following conditions:
(1) Such gifts are conducted as advertising and promotional undertakings, in good faith, solely for the purpose of advertising the goods, wares, merchandise and business of such licensee; and
(2) The principal business of such licensee is the business permitted to be licensed under s. 206.404; and
(3) No person to be eligible to receive such gift shall ever be required to:
(a) Pay any tangible consideration to such licensee in the form of money or other property or thing of value, or
(b) Purchase any goods, wares, merchandise or anything of value from such licensee.
(4) The person selected to receive any such gift or prize offered by any such licensee in connection with any such advertising or promotion is notified of his or her selection at his or her last known address. Newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations may, without violating any law, publish and broadcast advertising matter describing such advertising and promotional undertakings of such licensees which may contain instructions pursuant to which persons desiring to become eligible for such gifts or prizes may make their name and address known to such licensee.
(5) All brochures, advertisements, promotional material, and entry blanks promoting such undertakings shall contain a clause stating that residents of Florida are entitled to participate in such undertakings and are eligible to win gifts or prizes.
History.--s. 1, ch. 63-553; s. 1, ch. 65-261; s. 1, ch. 71-287; s. 244, ch. 77-104; s. 1362, ch. 97-102.