- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Reservation; improvement leases.
285.11 Reservation; improvement leases.--The trustee shall have the right to lease any part or parts of the reservation to any person willing to enter into an improvement lease. Such lease shall not exceed 15 years, unless such a lease is entered into with a Florida Indian, in which case it may be for a term not to exceed 25 years, and may include an option on the part of the lessee to renew such lease for an additional term of 25 years or less. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if such lease is entered into with a Florida Indian for housing development and residential purposes, it may be for a term not to exceed 50 years. The lessee shall be required to make such improvements to or on the property as are agreed upon in the lease. The improvements shall become a part of the lands of the reservation thereby accruing to the benefit of the tribe upon expiration of the lease. For the purposes of this section a "Florida Indian" is defined as a member of either the Seminole Tribe of Florida or the Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida or an Indian who is eligible for enrollment as a member of either of the foregoing tribes.
History.--s. 5, ch. 29908, 1955; ss. 22, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 70-271; s. 43, ch. 97-167.