- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Water rights compact with Seminole Tribe.
285.165 Water rights compact with Seminole Tribe.--
(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of s. 285.16, the water rights compact among the Seminole Tribe of Florida, the State of Florida, and the South Florida Water Management District as approved by the governing board of the South Florida Water Management District at its May 15, 1987, governing board meeting is hereby ratified and approved. The compact shall not be effective until approved in appropriate federal legislation. Upon congressional approval, the compact shall become the sole source of regulation of water use and the management and storage of surface water and groundwater on reservation and Tribal Trust lands.
(2) All agencies of the state are authorized and directed to provide such technical assistance as the South Florida Water Management District may require in implementing the terms of the water rights compact to be entered with the Seminole Tribe of Indians of Florida pursuant to subsection (1).
History.--ss. 2, 3, ch. 87-292; s. 12, ch. 91-221.