- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Breast and cervical cancer early detection program.
381.93 Breast and cervical cancer early detection program.--This section may be cited as the "Mary Brogan Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program Act."
(1) It is the intent of the Legislature to reduce the rates of death due to breast and cervical cancer through early diagnosis and increased access to early screening, diagnosis, and treatment programs.
(2) The Department of Health, using available federal funds and state funds appropriated for that purpose, is authorized to establish the Mary Brogan Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening and Early Detection Program to provide screening, diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, case management, and followup and referral to the Agency for Health Care Administration for coverage of treatment services.
(3) The Mary Brogan Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program shall be funded through grants for such screening and early detection purposes from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under Title XV of the Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. ss. 300k et seq.
(4) The department shall limit enrollment in the program to persons with incomes up to and including 200 percent of the federal poverty level. The department shall establish an eligibility process that includes an income-verification process to ensure that persons served under the program meet income guidelines.
(5) The department may provide other breast and cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services; however, such services shall be funded separately through other sources than this act.
History.--s. 1, ch. 2001-52.