- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Distribution of certain funds to a horsemen's association.
550.2614 Distribution of certain funds to a horsemen's association.--
(1) Each licensee that holds a permit for thoroughbred horse racing in this state shall deduct from the purses required by s. 550.2625, an amount of money equal to 1 percent of the total purse pool and shall pay that amount to a horsemen's association representing the majority of the thoroughbred racehorse owners and trainers for its use in accordance with the stated goals of its articles of association filed with the Department of State.
(2) The funds are payable to the horsemen's association only upon presentation of a sworn statement by the officers of the association that the horsemen's association represents a majority of the owners and trainers of thoroughbred horses stabled in the state.
(3) Upon receiving a state license, each thoroughbred owner and trainer shall receive automatic membership in the horsemen's association as defined in subsection (1) and be counted on the membership rolls of that association, unless, within 30 calendar days after receipt of license from the state, the individual declines membership in writing, to the association as defined in subsection (1).
(4) The division shall adopt rules to facilitate the orderly transfer of funds in accordance with this section. The division shall also monitor the membership rolls of the horsemen's association to ensure that complete, accurate, and timely listings are maintained for the purposes specified in this section.
History.--s. 30, ch. 92-348; s. 9, ch. 95-390; s. 31, ch. 97-98.