- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Compulsive or addictive gambling prevention program.
551.118 Compulsive or addictive gambling prevention program.--
(1) The slot machine licensee shall offer training to employees on responsible gaming and shall work with a compulsive or addictive gambling prevention program to recognize problem gaming situations and to implement responsible gaming programs and practices.
(2) The division shall, subject to competitive bidding, contract for provision of services related to the prevention of compulsive and addictive gambling. The contract shall provide for an advertising program to encourage responsible gaming practices and to publicize a gambling telephone help line. Such advertisements must be made both publicly and inside the designated slot machine gaming areas of the licensee's facilities. The terms of any contract for the provision of such services shall include accountability standards that must be met by any private provider. The failure of any private provider to meet any material terms of the contract, including the accountability standards, shall constitute a breach of contract or grounds for nonrenewal. The division may consult with the Department of the Lottery in the development of the program and the development and analysis of any procurement for contractual services for the compulsive or addictive gambling prevention program.
(3) The compulsive or addictive gambling prevention program shall be funded from an annual nonrefundable regulatory fee of $250,000 paid by the licensee to the division.
History.--s. 1, ch. 2005-362.