- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Citrus fruit dealer; license required.
601.55 Citrus fruit dealer; license required.--
(1) No person shall act as a citrus fruit dealer in this state without first having applied for and obtained the issuance of a current license for each shipping season, or portion thereof.
(2) An application for a citrus fruit dealer's license shall be within one of the following classifications, and any license that may be issued upon such application shall have an effective date as herein prescribed.
(a) A "repeat application" is defined as an application filed by a dealer who held a valid license during the season immediately preceding that for which application is made; and, if the application is approved on or before August 1, such license shall be in effect for the period August 1 through July 31 of the shipping season applied for. Any license issued upon approval of such application, if approval is granted after August 1, shall be effective from the date of license issuance through July 31 of the shipping season applied for.
(b) Any application filed by an applicant who was not licensed during the immediately preceding shipping season for which the license application is made shall be considered a "new application." Any license subsequently issued upon approval of such application shall be effective from the date of license issuance through July 31 of the shipping season applied for.
The termination dates of citrus fruit dealers' licenses as set forth above shall not apply to a temporary license approved and issued in accordance with s. 601.57(3).
(3) An applicant shall be limited to the filing of one application for each citrus shipping season, which application may be amended if necessary to comply with the requirements of this chapter and regulations of the Department of Citrus.
History.--s. 55, ch. 25149, 1949; s. 1, ch. 73-12; s. 1, ch. 80-6; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 2, 7, ch. 82-29; ss. 1, 3, ch. 85-129; s. 4, ch. 91-429.