- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Penalties for violations.
601.72 Penalties for violations.--Any person who violates or aids or abets in the violation of any provision of this chapter shall for each offense be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083; provided further that a person shall be guilty hereunder upon conviction for nonpayment of a debt arising solely out of the purchase or sale of citrus fruits only when criminal fraud is proved. Civil suits against a citrus fruit dealer only, without resort to such dealer's bond as provided in s. 601.65, and also criminal prosecutions arising by violation of any of the provisions of this chapter as herein provided, may be instituted or prosecuted in the county where the said citrus fruit was received by the dealer or in the county wherein the principal place of business of such dealer is located within the state, or within the county in which the alleged violation occurred; and if such violation occurs in more than one county, then within the county wherein such violation or any part thereof occurred.
History.--s. 72, ch. 25149, 1949; s. 1, ch. 65-83; s. 627, ch. 71-136; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 1, 3, ch. 85-129; s. 4, ch. 91-429.