- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Processed grapefruit juice products; standards.
601.9906 Processed grapefruit juice products; standards.--
(1) The grapefruit juice products to which this section applies shall include canned grapefruit juice, chilled grapefruit juice, frozen concentrated grapefruit juice, concentrated grapefruit juice for manufacturing, and such other grapefruit juice products as the commission may by rule prescribe which may be consumed as juice or used to produce other grapefruit juice products which may be consumed as juice.
(2) This section shall not apply to any grapefruit juice products to which have been added readily detectable quantities of one or more readily detectable ingredients, which the commission shall by rule specify, which ingredients are impermissible in the grapefruit juice products described in subsection (1) but are appropriate for use in one or more other products which are not consumed as juice, such as diluted fruit juice beverages or beverage bases used to produce diluted fruit juice beverages.
(3) No grapefruit juice products shall be sold or offered for sale or shipped or offered for shipment which have a minimum ratio of total soluble solids to anhydrous citric acid of less than seven and one-half to one, or such higher ratio as the commission may by rule prescribe.
(4) The commission shall by rule prescribe quality standards for grapefruit juice products. Such standards shall be designed to further the acceptance and consumption of the grapefruit juice products so regulated.
History.--s. 105, ch. 25149, 1949; ss. 1, 2, ch. 63-107; s. 22, ch. 71-186; s. 2, ch. 85-50.
Note.--Former s. 601.0105.