- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Authority to license; adoption of rules.
63.202 Authority to license; adoption of rules.--
(1) The Department of Children and Family Services is authorized and empowered to license child welfare agencies that it determines to be qualified to place minors for adoption.
(2) No agency shall place a minor for adoption unless such agency is licensed by the department, except a child-caring agency registered under s. 409.176
(3) The department may adopt rules necessary to ensure that all child-placing agencies comply with this chapter to receive or renew a license.
History.--s. 20, ch. 73-159; s. 23, ch. 77-147; s. 7, ch. 78-190; s. 8, ch. 87-397; s. 12, ch. 97-101; s. 29, ch. 2001-3.