- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2011 Florida Statutes
366.11 Certain exemptions.—
(1) No provision of this chapter shall apply in any manner, other than as specified in ss. 366.04, 366.05(7) and (8), 366.051, 366.055, 366.093, 366.095, 366.14, 366.80-366.85, and 366.91, to utilities owned and operated by municipalities, whether within or without any municipality, or by cooperatives organized and existing under the Rural Electric Cooperative Law of the state, or to the sale of electricity, manufactured gas, or natural gas at wholesale by any public utility to, and the purchase by, any municipality or cooperative under and pursuant to any contracts now in effect or which may be entered into in the future, when such municipality or cooperative is engaged in the sale and distribution of electricity or manufactured or natural gas, or to the rates provided for in such contracts.
(2) Nothing herein shall restrict the police power of municipalities over their streets, highways, and public places or the power to maintain or require the maintenance thereof or the right of a municipality to levy taxes on public services under s. 166.231 or affect the right of any municipality to continue to receive revenue from any public utility as is now provided or as may be hereafter provided in any franchise.
History.—s. 11, ch. 26545, 1951; s. 5, ch. 74-196; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 7, ch. 76-265; s. 108, ch. 77-104; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 12, 16, ch. 80-35; s. 217, ch. 81-259; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 13, 20, 22, ch. 89-292; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 2, ch. 2005-259.