2011 Florida Statutes
Fees; service charges; disposition.
Fees; service charges; disposition.
319.32 Fees; service charges; disposition.—
(1) The department shall charge a fee of $70 for each original certificate of title, except for a certificate of title for a motor vehicle for hire registered under s. 320.08(6) for which the title fee shall be $49; $70 for each duplicate copy of a certificate of title, except for a certificate of title for a motor vehicle for hire registered under s. 320.08(6) for which the title fee shall be $49; $2 for each salvage certificate of title; and $3 for each assignment by a lienholder. The department shall also charge a fee of $2 for noting a lien on a title certificate, which fee includes the services for the subsequent issuance of a corrected certificate or cancellation of lien when that lien is satisfied. If an application for a certificate of title is for a vehicle that is required by s. 319.14(1)(b) to have a physical examination, the department shall charge an additional fee of $40 for the initial examination and $20 for each subsequent examination. The initial examination fee shall be deposited into the General Revenue Fund, and each subsequent examination fee shall be deposited into the Highway Safety Operating Trust Fund. The physical examination of the vehicle includes, but is not limited to, verification of the vehicle identification number and verification of the bill of sale or title for major components. In addition to all other fees charged, a sum of $1 shall be paid for the issuance of an original or duplicate certificate of title to cover the cost of materials used for security purposes. A service fee of $2.50, to be deposited into the Highway Safety Operating Trust Fund, shall be charged for shipping and handling for each paper title mailed by the department.
(2)(a) There shall be a service charge of $4.25 for each application which is handled in connection with the issuance, duplication, or transfer of any certificate of title. There shall be a service charge of $1.25 for each application which is handled in connection with the recordation or notation of a lien on a motor vehicle or mobile home which is not in connection with the purchase of such vehicle.
(b) The service charges specified in paragraph (a) shall be collected by the department on any application handled directly from its office. Otherwise, these service charges shall be collected and retained by the tax collector who handles the application.
(3) The department shall charge a fee of $10 in addition to that charged in subsection (1) for each original certificate of title issued for a vehicle previously registered outside this state.
(4) The department shall charge a fee of $7 for each lien placed on a motor vehicle by the state child support enforcement program pursuant to s. 319.24.
(5) All fees collected pursuant to subsection (3) shall be paid into the Nongame Wildlife Trust Fund. Twenty-one dollars of each fee for each applicable original certificate of title and each applicable duplicate copy of a certificate of title, after deducting the service charges imposed by s. 215.20, shall be deposited into the State Transportation Trust Fund. All other fees collected by the department under this chapter shall be paid into the General Revenue Fund.
(6) Notwithstanding chapter 116, every county officer within this state authorized to collect funds provided for in this chapter shall pay all sums officially received by the officer into the State Treasury no later than 5 working days after the close of the business day in which the officer received the funds. Payment by county officers to the state shall be made by means of electronic funds transfer.
History.—s. 13, ch. 23658, 1947; s. 11, ch. 25150, 1949; s. 42, ch. 26869, 1951; s. 6, ch. 65-190; s. 3, ch. 67-215; ss. 24, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 2, ch. 79-399; s. 16, ch. 82-134; s. 2, ch. 84-194; s. 1, ch. 85-324; ss. 7, 18, ch. 89-333; s. 110, ch. 90-136; s. 116, ch. 91-112; s. 14, ch. 98-397; s. 11, ch. 2002-235; s. 7, ch. 2009-71; s. 4, ch. 2009-86.