2012 Florida Statutes
315.02 Definitions.—As used in this law, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) The term “port district” or the word “district” shall mean any district created by or pursuant to the provisions of any general or special law and authorized to own or operate any port facilities.
(2) The term “port authority” or the word “authority” shall mean any port authority in Florida created by or pursuant to the provisions of any general or special law or any district or board of county commissioners acting as a port authority under or pursuant to the provisions of any general or special law.
(3) The word “county” shall mean any county and the word “municipality” shall mean any municipality in Florida.
(4) The word “unit” shall mean any county, port district, port authority, or municipality or any governmental unit created pursuant to s. 163.01(7)(d) that includes at least one deepwater port as listed in s. 403.021(9)(b).
(5) The term “governing body” shall mean the board or body in which the general legislative powers of a unit shall be vested.
(6) The term “port facilities” shall mean and shall include harbor, shipping, and port facilities, and improvements of every kind, nature, and description, including, but without limitation, channels, turning basins, jetties, breakwaters, public landings, wharves, docks, markets, parks, recreational facilities, structures, buildings, piers, storage facilities, including facilities that may be used for warehouse, storage, and distribution of cargo transported or to be transported through an airport or port facility, security measures identified pursuant to s. 311.12, public buildings and plazas, anchorages, utilities, bridges, tunnels, roads, causeways, and any and all property and facilities necessary or useful in connection with the foregoing, and any one or more or any combination thereof and any extension, addition, betterment, or improvement of any thereof.
(7) The word “cost” as applied to any port facilities shall mean and shall include the cost of acquisition or construction, the cost of all labor, materials, machinery and equipment, the cost of all lands, property, rights, easements and franchises acquired, financing charges, interest prior to and during construction and for 1 year after completion of construction, cost of plans and specifications, surveys and estimates of cost and of revenues, cost of engineering and legal services, all other expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of such construction, the cost of acquiring or improving, enlarging and extending existing port facilities and preparing the same for sale or lease to provide funds for financing port facilities under the provisions of this law if, in the determination of the governing body, such acquisition, such improvement, enlargement and extension or such preparation for sale or lease are necessary to such financing, administrative expenses and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to any financing herein authorized. Any obligation or expense heretofore or hereafter incurred by a unit in connection with any of the foregoing items of cost may be regarded as a part of such cost and reimbursed to the unit out of the proceeds of port facilities bonds issued under the provisions of this law.
History.—s. 2, ch. 59-411; s. 1, ch. 67-317; s. 70, ch. 99-251; s. 65, ch. 2002-20.