2013 Florida Statutes
456.001 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Board” means any board or commission, or other statutorily created entity to the extent such entity is authorized to exercise regulatory or rulemaking functions, within the department, except that, for ss. 456.003-456.018, 456.022, 456.023, 456.025-456.034, and 456.039-456.082, “board” means only a board, or other statutorily created entity to the extent such entity is authorized to exercise regulatory or rulemaking functions, within the Division of Medical Quality Assurance.
(2) “Consumer member” means a person appointed to serve on a specific board or who has served on a specific board, who is not, and never has been, a member or practitioner of the profession, or of any closely related profession, regulated by such board.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(4) “Health care practitioner” means any person licensed under chapter 457; chapter 458; chapter 459; chapter 460; chapter 461; chapter 462; chapter 463; chapter 464; chapter 465; chapter 466; chapter 467; part I, part II, part III, part V, part X, part XIII, or part XIV of chapter 468; chapter 478; chapter 480; part III or part IV of chapter 483; chapter 484; chapter 486; chapter 490; or chapter 491.
(5) “License” means any permit, registration, certificate, or license, including a provisional license, issued by the department.
(6) “Licensee” means any person or entity issued a permit, registration, certificate, or license, including a provisional license, by the department.
(7) “Profession” means any activity, occupation, profession, or vocation regulated by the department in the Division of Medical Quality Assurance.
History.—s. 33, ch. 97-261; s. 72, ch. 99-397; s. 36, ch. 2000-160; s. 2, ch. 2002-199.
Note.—Former s. 455.501.