- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2013 Florida Statutes
473.312 Continuing education.—
(1)(a) As part of the license renewal procedure, the board shall by rule require Florida certified public accountants to submit proof satisfactory to the board that during the 2 years prior to application for renewal, they have successfully completed not less than 48 or more than 80 hours of continuing professional education programs in public accounting subjects approved by the board. The board may prescribe by rule additional continuing professional education hours, not to exceed 25 percent of the total hours required, for failure to complete the hours required for renewal by the end of the reestablishment period.
(b) Not less than 25 percent of the total hours required by the board shall be in accounting-related and auditing-related subjects, as distinguished from federal and local taxation matters and management services.
(c) Not less than 5 percent of the total hours required by the board shall be in ethics applicable to the practice of public accounting. This requirement shall be administered by providers approved by the board and shall include a review of the provisions of chapter 455 and this chapter and the related administrative rules.
(2) Programs of continuing professional education approved by the board shall be formal programs of learning which contribute directly to the professional competency of an individual following licensure to practice public accounting and may be any of the following:
(a) Professional development programs of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, state societies of certified public accountants, or other organizations.
(b) Technical sessions at meetings of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, state societies, chapters, or other organizations.
(c) University and college courses.
(d) Formal organized in-firm education programs.
(3) The board shall adopt rules establishing the continuing education requirements for Florida certified public accountants who are engaged in the audit of a governmental entity. The board shall approve subjects directly related to the governmental environment and to governmental auditing for purposes of satisfying the requirement of this subsection.
(4) For the purposes of maintaining proper continuing education requirements for renewal of licensure under this chapter, the board may appoint a Continuing Professional Education Advisory Committee, which shall be composed of one member of the board, one academician on the faculty of a university in this state, and six certified public accountants.
History.—ss. 10, 25, ch. 79-202; s. 345, ch. 81-259; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 6, 10, 11, ch. 85-9; s. 3, ch. 87-221; s. 2, ch. 89-87; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 7, ch. 98-340; s. 3, ch. 2004-87; s. 2, ch. 2007-139; s. 11, ch. 2009-54.