- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2013 Florida Statutes
288.9519 Not-for-profit corporation.—
(1) It is the intent of the Legislature to promote the development of the state economy and to authorize the establishment of a not-for-profit organization that shall promote the competitiveness and profitability of high-technology business and industry through technology development projects of importance to specific manufacturing sectors in this state. This not-for-profit corporation shall work cooperatively with Enterprise Florida, Inc., and shall avoid duplicating the activities, programs, and functions of Enterprise Florida, Inc.
(2) In addition to all other powers and authority, not explicitly prohibited by statutes, this not-for-profit organization has the following powers and duties:
(a) To receive funds appropriated to the organization by the Legislature. Such funds may not duplicate funds appropriated to Enterprise Florida, Inc., but shall serve to further the advancement of the state economy, jointly and collaboratively with Enterprise Florida, Inc.
(b) To submit a legislative budget request through a state agency.
(c) To accept gifts, grants, donations, expenses, in-kind services, or other goods or services for carrying out its purposes, and to expend such funds or assets in any legal manner according to the terms and conditions of acceptance and without interference, control, or restraint by the state.
(d) To carry forward any unexpended state appropriations into succeeding fiscal years.
History.—s. 12, ch. 93-187; s. 98, ch. 96-320; s. 38, ch. 99-251.