- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2018 Florida Statutes
1000.21 Systemwide definitions.—As used in the Florida K-20 Education Code:
(1) “Articulation” is the systematic coordination that provides the means by which students proceed toward their educational objectives in as rapid and student-friendly manner as their circumstances permit, from grade level to grade level, from elementary to middle to high school, to and through postsecondary education, and when transferring from one educational institution or program to another.
(2) “Commissioner” is the Commissioner of Education.
(3) “Florida College System institution” except as otherwise specifically provided, includes all of the following public postsecondary educational institutions in the Florida College System and any branch campuses, centers, or other affiliates of the institution:
(a) Eastern Florida State College, which serves Brevard County.
(b) Broward College, which serves Broward County.
(c) College of Central Florida, which serves Citrus, Levy, and Marion Counties.
(d) Chipola College, which serves Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, and Washington Counties.
(e) Daytona State College, which serves Flagler and Volusia Counties.
(f) Florida SouthWestern State College, which serves Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee Counties.
(g) Florida State College at Jacksonville, which serves Duval and Nassau Counties.
(h) Florida Keys Community College, which serves Monroe County.
(i) Gulf Coast State College, which serves Bay, Franklin, and Gulf Counties.
(j) Hillsborough Community College, which serves Hillsborough County.
(k) Indian River State College, which serves Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, and St. Lucie Counties.
(l) Florida Gateway College, which serves Baker, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, and Union Counties.
(m) Lake-Sumter State College, which serves Lake and Sumter Counties.
(n) State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota, which serves Manatee and Sarasota Counties.
(o) Miami Dade College, which serves Miami-Dade County.
(p) North Florida Community College, which serves Hamilton, Jefferson, Lafayette, Madison, Suwannee, and Taylor Counties.
(q) Northwest Florida State College, which serves Okaloosa and Walton Counties.
(r) Palm Beach State College, which serves Palm Beach County.
(s) Pasco-Hernando State College, which serves Hernando and Pasco Counties.
(t) Pensacola State College, which serves Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties.
(u) Polk State College, which serves Polk County.
(v) St. Johns River State College, which serves Clay, Putnam, and St. Johns Counties.
(w) St. Petersburg College, which serves Pinellas County.
(x) Santa Fe College, which serves Alachua and Bradford Counties.
(y) Seminole State College of Florida, which serves Seminole County.
(z) South Florida State College, which serves DeSoto, Hardee, and Highlands Counties.
(aa) Tallahassee Community College, which serves Gadsden, Leon, and Wakulla Counties.
(bb) Valencia College, which serves Orange and Osceola Counties.
(4) “Department” is the Department of Education.
(5) “Parent” is either or both parents of a student, any guardian of a student, any person in a parental relationship to a student, or any person exercising supervisory authority over a student in place of the parent.
(6) “State university,” except as otherwise specifically provided, includes the following institutions and any branch campuses, centers, or other affiliates of the institution:
(a) The University of Florida.
(b) The Florida State University.
(c) The Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University.
(d) The University of South Florida.
(e) The Florida Atlantic University.
(f) The University of West Florida.
(g) The University of Central Florida.
(h) The University of North Florida.
(i) The Florida International University.
(j) The Florida Gulf Coast University.
(k) New College of Florida.
(l) The Florida Polytechnic University.
(7) “Next Generation Sunshine State Standards” means the state’s public K-12 curricular standards adopted under s. 1003.41.
(8) “Board of Governors” is the Board of Governors of the State University System.
History.—s. 10, ch. 2002-387; s. 3, ch. 2004-271; s. 67, ch. 2007-217; s. 1, ch. 2008-52; s. 5, ch. 2008-163; s. 3, ch. 2008-235; s. 2, ch. 2009-228; s. 2, ch. 2010-23; s. 7, ch. 2011-5; s. 1, ch. 2011-102; s. 9, ch. 2012-129; s. 3, ch. 2012-134; s. 2, ch. 2013-24; s. 2, ch. 2013-27; s. 2, ch. 2013-45; s. 1, ch. 2014-8; s. 9, ch. 2014-39.