- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
401.107 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(2) “Local agency” means the board of county commissioners.
(3) “Emergency medical services” means the activities or services to prevent or treat a sudden critical illness or injury and to provide emergency medical care and prehospital emergency medical transportation to sick, injured, or otherwise incapacitated persons in this state.
(4) “Emergency medical services organizations” means public or private entities involved in emergency medical services systems.
(5) “Rural emergency medical services” means emergency medical services in a county with a total population of 100,000 or fewer people and density of less than 100 people per square mile.
(6) “Youth athletic organization” means a private not-for-profit organization that promotes and provides organized athletic activities to youth.
(7) “Automated external defibrillator device” means a device as defined in s. 768.1325(2)(b).
History.—s. 3, ch. 73-262; s. 245, ch. 77-147; s. 9, ch. 89-275; s. 7, ch. 89-283; s. 28, ch. 92-78; s. 39, ch. 97-237; s. 2, ch. 2006-125.