2019 Florida Statutes
461.003 Definitions.—As used in this chapter:
(1) “Board” means the Board of Podiatric Medicine as created in this chapter.
(2) “Certified podiatric X-ray assistant” means a person who is employed by and under the direct supervision of a licensed podiatric physician to perform only those radiographic functions that are within the scope of practice of a podiatric physician licensed under this chapter. For purposes of this subsection, the term “direct supervision” means supervision whereby a podiatric physician orders the X ray, remains on the premises while the X ray is being performed and exposed, and approves the work performed before dismissal of the patient.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(4) “Podiatric physician” means any person licensed to practice podiatric medicine pursuant to this chapter.
(5) “Practice of podiatric medicine” means the diagnosis or medical, surgical, palliative, and mechanical treatment of ailments of the human foot and leg. The surgical treatment of ailments of the human foot and leg shall be limited anatomically to that part below the anterior tibial tubercle. The practice of podiatric medicine shall include the amputation of the toes or other parts of the foot but shall not include the amputation of the foot or leg in its entirety. A podiatric physician may prescribe drugs that relate specifically to the scope of practice authorized herein.
History.—ss. 1, 6, ch. 79-229; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 3, 12, 13, ch. 86-71; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 116, ch. 94-218; s. 73, ch. 97-264; s. 200, ch. 98-166; s. 111, ch. 99-397.