- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2020 Florida Statutes
Strategic Intermodal System Plan.
Strategic Intermodal System Plan.
339.64 Strategic Intermodal System Plan.—
(1) The department shall develop, in cooperation with metropolitan planning organizations, regional planning councils, local governments, and other transportation providers, a Strategic Intermodal System Plan. The plan shall be consistent with the Florida Transportation Plan developed pursuant to s. 339.155 and shall be updated at least once every 5 years, subsequent to updates of the Florida Transportation Plan.
(2) In association with the continued development of the Strategic Intermodal System Plan, the Florida Transportation Commission, as part of its work program review process, shall conduct an annual assessment of the progress that the department and its transportation partners have made in realizing the goals of economic development, improved mobility, and increased intermodal connectivity of the Strategic Intermodal System. The Florida Transportation Commission shall coordinate with the department and other appropriate entities when developing this assessment. The Florida Transportation Commission shall deliver a report to the Governor and Legislature no later than 14 days after the regular session begins, with recommendations as necessary to fully implement the Strategic Intermodal System.
(3)(a) During the development of updates to the Strategic Intermodal System Plan, the department shall provide metropolitan planning organizations, regional planning councils, local governments, transportation providers, affected public agencies, and citizens with an opportunity to participate in and comment on the development of the update.
(b) The department also shall coordinate with federal, regional, and local partners the planning for the Strategic Highway Network and the Strategic Rail Corridor Network transportation facilities that either are included in the Strategic Intermodal System or that provide a direct connection between military installations and the Strategic Intermodal System. In addition, the department shall coordinate with regional and local partners to determine whether the roads and other transportation infrastructure that connect military installations to the Strategic Intermodal System, the Strategic Highway Network, or the Strategic Rail Corridor are regionally significant and should be included in the Strategic Intermodal System Plan.
(c) The department shall coordinate with federal, regional, and local partners, as well as industry representatives, to consider infrastructure and technological improvements necessary to accommodate advances in vehicle technology, such as automated driving systems and other developments, in Strategic Intermodal System facilities.
(4) The Strategic Intermodal System Plan shall include the following:
(a) A needs assessment that must include, but is not limited to, consideration of infrastructure and technological improvements necessary to accommodate advances in vehicle technology, such as automated driving systems and other developments.
(b) A project prioritization process.
(c) A map of facilities designated as Strategic Intermodal System facilities; facilities that are emerging in importance and are likely to become part of the system in the future; and planned facilities that will meet the established criteria.
(d) A finance plan based on reasonable projections of anticipated revenues, including both 10-year and at least 20-year cost-feasible components.
(e) An assessment of the impacts of proposed improvements to Strategic Intermodal System corridors on military installations that are either located directly on the Strategic Intermodal System or located on the Strategic Highway Network or Strategic Rail Corridor Network.
History.—s. 49, ch. 2003-286; s. 37, ch. 2005-2; s. 7, ch. 2005-281; s. 36, ch. 2006-1; s. 8, ch. 2012-27; s. 59, ch. 2012-174; s. 18, ch. 2016-181; s. 47, ch. 2016-239; s. 13, ch. 2019-101.