CS/CS/SB 1090: Minors/Psychotropic Medication
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Children and Families ; Campbell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dawson ; Lynn ; Crist
Minors/Psychotropic Medication; requires child's parent or legal guardian to provide certain information to CFS Dept.; specifies requirements for dept. re providing psychotropic medication to child in custody of dept.; defines term "psychotropic medication"; prohibits public school from denying student access to programs or services under certain conditions; authorizes refusal of psychological screening, etc. Amends Chs. 39, 394, 743.0645; creates 1006.0625.
Last Action: 5/26/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-65
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children and Families; Health Care; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Children and Families; Health Care; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00069; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 03/08/05, 2:30 pm, 301-S; CS by Children and Families; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00135; CS read first time on 03/10/05 -SJ 00148
• Now in Health Care -SJ 00135
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 03/15/05, 12:00 noon, 412-K
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Health Care; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00187
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00187
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/30/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00325; CS read first time on 04/05/05 -SJ 00330
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00325
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 401-S
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00554; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00554
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00732; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00732; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00733
• Read third time -SJ 00760; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00760
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01253
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01303; Substituted for HB 883 -HJ 01342; Read third time -HJ 01303; CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01303
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01075
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-65
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.