CS/CS/SB 1216: High-Risk Offenders
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Argenziano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano ; Klein ; Aronberg ; Haridopolos ; Lynn ; Smith ; Crist ; Miller ; Campbell ; Wilson ; Posey
High-Risk Offenders; extends period for petition to remove sexual predator designation; requires FDLE to develop procedures for twice yearly reporting by sexual predators; provides that it is criminal offense to fail to report or to provide false information about sexual predator or to harbor or hide sexual predator; provides additional aggravating circumstance pertaining to sexual predators for purpose of imposing death penalty, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $10,834,662.
Last Action: 4/20/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00523; Read second time -SJ 00487; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00487, -SJ 00511; Was taken up -SJ 00510; Substituted HB 1877 -SJ 00511; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1877 (Ch. 2005-28)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00075
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/06/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00420; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00427; Withdrawn from- Judiciary; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00348
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00420; On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/12/05, 3:15 pm, 37-S
• CS/CS by Justice Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00421; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00428
• Withdrawn from- Ways and Means -SJ 00418; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00421
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00523; Read second time -SJ 00487; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00487, -SJ 00511; Was taken up -SJ 00510; Substituted HB 1877 -SJ 00511; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1877 (Ch. 2005-28)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.