CS/CS/HB 1877: Jessica Lunsford Act
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Committee ; Dean ; Dick ; Rice ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adams ; Allen ; Altman ; Ambler ; Baxley ; Benson ; Berfield ; Bilirakis ; Brummer ; Bullard ; Cannon ; Carroll ; Clarke ; Cretul ; Detert ; Farkas ; Galvano ; Glorioso ; Goldstein ; Grant ; Greenstein ; Grimsley ; Harrell ; Hasner ; Hays ; Henriquez ; Homan ; Hukill ; Kendrick ; Kreegel ; Legg ; Llorente ; Machek ; Mahon ; Mealor ; Murzin ; Needelman ; Negron ; Planas ; Porth ; Proctor ; Quinones ; Reagan ; Roberson, Y ; Russell ; Sands ; Sansom ; Seiler ; Sobel ; Stargel ; Traviesa ; Troutman ; Williams, T. ; Zapata
Jessica Lunsford Act; creates Jessica Lunsford Act; revises sexual predator criteria; requires twice yearly reregistration by sexual predators; provides criminal offenses for failing to reregister, failing to respond to address verification, failing to report or providing false information about sexual predator, & harboring or concealing sexual predator; requires electronic monitoring for certain offenders placed on conditional release supervision, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $11,949,689.
Last Action: 5/2/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-28 -HJ 01168
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Introduced, referred to Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council -HJ 00334
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations (FC), 04/12/05, 4:00 pm, 214-C
• Favorable with CS amendment by Justice Appropriations (FC); YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 00509
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Justice Council -HJ 00509; On Council agenda-- Justice Council, 04/14/05, 3:00 pm, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Justice Council; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00564
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00564
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00543; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00544; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00553; Read third time -HJ 00553; Passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 00553; Immediately certified -HJ 00553
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00534; Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00511; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1216 -SJ 00511; Read second time -SJ 00511; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00511
• Read third time -SJ 00540; Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as further amended -SJ 00540; Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00541; Immediately certified -SJ 00541
• In returning messages
• Concurred -HJ 00633; Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 00647; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 00647
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 00728
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-28 -HJ 01168
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.