CS/CS/SB 1652: Unemployment Compensation
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Commerce and Consumer Services ; King ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Unemployment Compensation; exempts proceedings conducted by special deputies under Unemployment Compensation law from uniform rules of procedure; prohibits establishing fictitious employing unit for purpose of receiving unemployment benefits; clarifies powers of employee leasing companies in leasing officers & other workers to clients; provides for official seal for Agency for Workforce Innovation, etc. Amends 120.80, 895.02, Ch. 443; reenacts FS.
Last Action: 4/29/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00738; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00738; Substituted HB 1693 -SJ 00739; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1693 (Ch. 2005-209), HB 1813 (Ch. 2005-280)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Criminal Justice; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00142
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/16/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00228; CS read first time on 03/17/05 -SJ 00233
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00228
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/30/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS/CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00325; CS read first time on 04/05/05 -SJ 00331
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00325
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/12/05, 3:15 pm, 309-C
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00419
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00419
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00738; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00738; Substituted HB 1693 -SJ 00739; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1693 (Ch. 2005-209), HB 1813 (Ch. 2005-280)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.