HB 1813: Tax Administration
GENERAL BILL by Finance & Tax Committee ; Brummer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Stargel
Tax Administration; allows estate that is not required to file federal tax return to file with clerk of court affidavit attesting that no Florida estate tax is due, regardless of decedent's date of death; permits golf courses to be built with proceeds of charter county convention development tax; specifies which taxes qualify for automatic penalty compromise or settlement of liability; provides exemption from ad val taxes for certain space laboratories, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $2,600,000.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00259
• Referred to Fiscal Council -HJ 00327
• On Council agenda-- Fiscal Council, 04/11/05, 3:00 pm, 212-K
• Favorable by- Fiscal Council; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 00487; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00487
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00584
• Read third time -HJ 00597; Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 00598
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Government Efficiency Appropriations; Commerce and Consumer Services; Criminal Justice; General Government Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00586
• Withdrawn from Government Efficiency Appropriations; Commerce and Consumer Services; Criminal Justice; General Government Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 01078; Substituted for CS/SB 2032 -SJ 01079; Read second time -SJ 01078; Read third time -SJ 01079; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01079; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 1 -SJ 01088
• In returning messages; Was taken up -HJ 01463; Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01474; Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended -HJ 01464; Passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 1 -HJ 01476
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur, requested House to recede -SJ 01309
• In returning messages; Receded -HJ 01627; Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01627; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01628
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Governor vetoed specific Line Item(s); Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-280; See also HB 1693 (Ch. 2005-209), SB 300 (Ch. 2005-96), CS/SB 2070 (Ch. 2005-187)
• Veto Message received
• Referred to Rules & Calendar Council ?HJ 00060
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.