CS/CS/HB 345: Capitol Police
GENERAL BILL by Gardiner ; Coley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler
Capitol Police; revises powers & duties of Capitol Police; revises duties of director of Capitol Police; revises provisions re investigations by said police; revises provisions re designation of other law enforcement officers as ex officio agents of Capitol Police; revises provisions re transportation & protective services of said police; revises provisions re safety & security needs of Historic Capitol & R.A. Gray Building, etc. Amends Ch. 943, 316.640.
Last Action: 6/1/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-120
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Domestic Security (SAC); Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Domestic Security (SAC); Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council -HJ 00037; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice (JC), 03/09/05, 10:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by Criminal Justice (JC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00225
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Domestic Security (SAC) -HJ 00225
• On Committee agenda-- Domestic Security (SAC), 03/16/05, 2:30 pm, 12-H
• Favorable by Domestic Security (SAC); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00228; Now in Justice Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00228
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations (FC), 03/23/05, 4:15 pm, 214-C
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations (FC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00266; Now in Justice Council -HJ 00266
• On Council agenda-- Justice Council, 04/22/05, 8:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Justice Council; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00726
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00726
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01048; Ordered engrossed -HJ 01048
• Read third time -HJ 01148; Passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 01148
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00890
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00936; Substituted for SB 1746 -SJ 00936; Read second time -SJ 00936
• Read third time -SJ 01098; Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01098
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01504
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-120
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.