CS/SB 64: Guardianship
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Campbell
Guardianship; authorizes guardian of property of incapacitated person to contest validity of trust before it becomes irrevocable; revises provisions re court monitors; requires orders of appointment & monitors' reports to be served upon certain persons; authorizes court to enter any order necessary to protect ward or ward's estate; authorizes court to appoint court monitor on emergency basis under certain circumstances, etc. Amends Ch. 744, 737.2065.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/23/05, 9:00 am, 412-K
• Favorable by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance -SJ 00011; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S; CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00103; CS read first time on 03/08/05 -SJ 00094; Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 00103; On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/23/05, 9:00 am, 412-K; Favorable by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00103; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00103
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00227; Read second time -SJ 00225; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00225; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00226
• Read third time -SJ 00238; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00239
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.