CS/CS/SB 758: Child Protective Investigations
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Children and Families ; Wise
Child Protective Investigations; provides staff of children's advocacy center with access to records of child abuse & neglect; prohibits use of information contained in reports of child abuse, abandonment, or neglect in institutional investigations for purposes that adversely affect interests of persons not identified as responsible, etc. Amends 39.202,.301,.302.
Last Action: 6/10/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-173; See also CS/SB 1098 (Ch. 2005-213)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children and Families; Judiciary
• Also referred to Ways and Means (Reference Correction)
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 02/22/05, 2:00 pm, 301-S --Temporarily postponed
• Introduced, referred to Children and Families; Judiciary; Ways and Means -SJ 00049; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 02/22/05, 2:00 pm, 301-S --Temporarily postponed; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 03/08/05, 2:30 pm, 301-S; CS by Children and Families; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00135; CS read first time on 03/10/05 -SJ 00148
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00135
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00463; CS read first time on 04/19/05 -SJ 00466
• Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00463
• Withdrawn from Ways and Means -SJ 00553; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00626
• Read third time -SJ 00681; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00681
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01158
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 407 -HJ 01188; Read second time -HJ 01188; Reconsidered motion to substitute for HB 407 -HJ 01229
• Substituted for HB 407 -HJ 01342; Read third time -HJ 01287; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01287; CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01287
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur, requested House to recede -SJ 01158
• In returning messages
• Receded -HJ 01557; CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01558
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01661
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-173; See also CS/SB 1098 (Ch. 2005-213)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.