CS/CS/HB 835: Wind-protection/Fla. Building Code
GENERAL BILL by Detert ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Homan ; Reagan
Wind-protection/Fla. Building Code; provides for removal of outdated wind-protection standards from said code; provides for update of code's wind-protection standards; provides for incorporation in Fla. Building Code of repeal of design option re internal pressure for buildings within windborne debris region; requires Fla. Building Commission to make recommendations to Legislature. APPROPRIATION: $200,000.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Growth Management (SIC); Local Government Council; State Infrastructure Council
• Introduced, referred to Growth Management (SIC); Local Government Council; State Infrastructure Council -HJ 00076
• On Committee agenda-- Growth Management (SIC), 03/15/05, 1:45 pm, 12-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by Growth Management (SIC); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00257
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Local Government Council -HJ 00257
• On Council agenda-- Local Government Council, 03/30/05, 3:00 pm, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by Local Government Council; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00337
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in State Infrastructure Council -HJ 00337; On Council agenda-- State Infrastructure Council, 04/05/05, 8:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by- State Infrastructure Council; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00366; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00366
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00477; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00478; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00478
• Read third time -HJ 00497; Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 00497
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries -SJ 00590
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Regulated Industries -SJ 00727; Substituted for CS/SB 1232 -SJ 00727; Read second time -SJ 00727; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00727
• Read third time -SJ 00758; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00758
• In returning messages
• Concurred -HJ 01418; Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01418; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01419
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/CS/CS/SB 442 (Ch. 2005-147)
• Veto Message received -HJ 00008
• Referred to Rules & Calendar Council -HJ 00060
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.