CS/CS/CS/CS/SB 442: Building Safety
GENERAL BILL by Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Regulated Industries ; Community Affairs ; Bennett ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Haridopolos ; Campbell
Building Safety; requires that specified percentage of funds appropriated under Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program be used for education concerning Fla. Building Code & for operation of disaster contractors network; provides that Insurance Regulation Office make recommendations to insurance industry based on report re Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program by DCA; provides legislative intent re interpretation of said code, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $200,000.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance; Government Efficiency Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/22/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Regulated Industries
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance; Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00032; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/22/05, 9:00 am, 401-S; CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00104; CS read first time on 03/08/05 -SJ 00098; Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 00104
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/16/05, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00239; CS read first time on 03/18/05 -SJ 00239
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 00239
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/13/05, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS/CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00463; CS read first time on 04/19/05 -SJ 00465
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00463
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 110-S
• CS/CS/CS/CS by- Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00567; CS read first time on 04/26/05 -SJ 00570
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00567
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00811; Read second time -SJ 00777; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00778; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00781
• Read third time -SJ 01058; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01059; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01060
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01563; Read second time -HJ 01564; Read third time -HJ 01932; CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 01933
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01661
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Governor vetoed specific Line Item(s); Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-147; See also HB 41 (Ch. 2005-116), HB 567 (Ch. 2005-216), HB 1267 (Ch. 2005-234), HB 1697 (Ch. 2005-164)
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules and Calendar (2005-B) -SJ 00007, -SJ 00023; (2006 Regular Session) -SJ 00198, -SJ 00214
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.