CS/HB 97: Motor Vehicle Service Agreement Co.
GENERAL BILL by Mahon
Motor Vehicle Service Agreement Co.; provides exception to prohibition against service agreement companies using certain reserves & contractual liability insurance simultaneously; authorizes service agreement companies maintaining certain net assets to use certain reserves or certain contractual liability coverage insurance; provides definition; provides requirement; provides additional recordkeeping requirement for service agreement companies. Amends 634.041,.136.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 House - Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 2006 (Ch. 2005-258)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Insurance (CC); Civil Justice (JC); Commerce Council
• Introduced, referred to Insurance (CC); Civil Justice (JC); Commerce Council -HJ 00019
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance (CC), 03/31/05, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by Insurance (CC); YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 00365
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Civil Justice (JC) -HJ 00365; On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice (JC), 04/06/05, 9:15 am, 24-H
• Favorable by Civil Justice (JC); YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -HJ 00458; Now in Commerce Council -HJ 00458
• On Council agenda-- Commerce Council, 04/14/05, 8:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by- Commerce Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00560
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00560
• Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 2006 (Ch. 2005-258)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.