CS/SB 2006: Warranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Garcia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Warranty Associations; redefines term "service warranty" for purposes of regulation of service warranty associations; includes paintless dent-removal in services that may be covered by motor vehicle service agreement; revises requirements governing qualifications for license to issue such agreements; requires motor vehicle service contract company to maintain additional information re motor vehicle service agreements, etc. Amends 634.401,.011,.041,.136.
Last Action: 6/17/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-258; See also CS/CS/SB 2498 (Ch. 2005-151)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00199
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/29/05, 2:30 pm, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00320; CS read first time on 03/31/05 -SJ 00322
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00320
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 04/19/05, 9:15 am, 401-S
• Favorable by- Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00524
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00524
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00621; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00621; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00621
• Read third time -SJ 00683; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00683; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00683
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01261
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01323; Substituted for HB 825 -HJ 01342; Read third time -HJ 01323; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 01323
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01075
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-258; See also CS/CS/SB 2498 (Ch. 2005-151)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.