CS/HB 1029: National Forests/Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Baxley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Carroll ; Clarke ; Hasner ; Hays ; Kreegel ; Stansel ; Traviesa
National Forests/Firearms; repeals provision which prohibits carrying of firearms in national forests; repeals provision which authorizes granting of special permit for carrying of firearms in said forest; repeals provision which provides penalty for violation of certain provisions; requires DEP to amend correlative rule in Fla. Administrative Code to allow possession of weapons in compliance with all Fla. Statutes, etc. Amends 790.25; repeals 790.11,.12,.14.
Last Action: 6/7/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-103
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Environmental Regulation (SRC); Justice Council
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Environmental Regulation (SRC); Justice Council -HJ 00078
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice (JC), 03/15/06, 9:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by Criminal Justice (JC); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00231; Now in Environmental Regulation (SRC) -HJ 00231
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Regulation (SRC), 03/22/06, 1:00 pm, 212-K
• Favorable with CS amendment by Environmental Regulation (SRC); YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -HJ 00299
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Justice Council -HJ 00299
• On Council agenda-- Justice Council, 04/04/06, 9:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by- Justice Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -HJ 00346; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00346
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00571; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00571
• Read third time -HJ 00624; Passed as amended; YEAS 90 NAYS 27 -HJ 00624
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Criminal Justice; Environmental Preservation; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00656
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Environmental Preservation; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00710; Substituted for CS/SB 1546 -SJ 00710; Read second time -SJ 00710
• Read third time -SJ 00752; Passed; YEAS 31 NAYS 6 -SJ 00753
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01124
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-103
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.