CS/HB 1173: Jeffrey Klapatch Act
GENERAL BILL by Ross ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Antone ; Bucher ; Culp
Jeffrey Klapatch Act; provides for Driver Licenses Div. of HSMV to implement system that provides parents or guardian of minor or adult who signed minor's application for driver's license with Internet access to driver history record of minor; provides that no fee will be charged for such access; provides for termination of such access. Amends 322.20.
Last Action: 6/15/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-226
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Transportation (SIC); Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations (FC); State Infrastructure Council -HJ 00088
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation (SIC), 03/21/06, 3:00 pm, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by Transportation (SIC); YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00283
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00283
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations (FC), 04/04/06, 4:00 pm Or Upon Adjournment of the Fiscal Council, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations (FC); YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 00346; Now in State Infrastructure Council -HJ 00346
• On Council agenda-- State Infrastructure Council, 04/10/06, 10:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by- State Infrastructure Council; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00411; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00411
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00566; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00566
• Read third time -HJ 00597; Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 00597
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Transportation; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00605; Withdrawn from Transportation; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00550; Substituted for CS/SB 2242 -SJ 00550; Read second time -SJ 00550; Read third time -SJ 00550; Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00550
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 00831
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-226
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.