CS/CS/SB 1958: Airboats
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Environmental Preservation ; Aronberg ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baker ; Posey
Airboats; defines terms "airboat" & "muffler"; conforms terminology; provides for regulation of airboat operation & equipment; requires sound-muffling device & display of flags, as described; provides penalties; prohibits ordinance or local law from discriminating against airboats; provides for mandatory education; corrects cross-references & conforms terminology, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 6/12/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-172
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environmental Preservation; Community Affairs
• Introduced, referred to Environmental Preservation; Community Affairs -SJ 00156
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation, 03/20/06, 2:30 pm, 401-S
• CS by Environmental Preservation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00276; CS read first time on 03/22/06 -SJ 00307
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00276
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/04/06, 1:00 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by- Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00399; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00409
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Read second time -SJ 00444; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00444; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00444
• Read third time -SJ 00518; CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 0 -SJ 00519
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01133
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 733 -HJ 01199; Read second time -HJ 01199; Read third time -HJ 01199; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01199
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00968
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-172
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.