HB 5019: Martin Lee Anderson Act of 2006
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Council ; Barreiro ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Gibson ; Henriquez ; Joyner ; Needelman ; Richardson ; Smith
Martin Lee Anderson Act of 2006; includes specified law enforcement officers in definition of "other person responsible for child's welfare" for purposes of abuse investigations; repeals provision re boot camps for children; authorizes DJJ to contract with county or municipal law enforcement agency for sheriff's training & respect programs; requires compliance with Protective Action Response policy; defines & prohibits "harmful psychological intimidation techniques", etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/31/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-62; See also HB 293 (Ch. 2006-229)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Introduced, referred to Calendar -HJ 00307
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00392; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00392; Read third time -HJ 00399; Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 00399; Immediately certified -HJ 00401
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Ways and Means -SJ 00435; Immediately withdrawn from Ways and Means -SJ 00435; Read second time -SJ 00435; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00435; Read third time -SJ 00435; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00435; Immediately certified -SJ 00435; Requested House to concur, or failing to concur, appoint conference committee -SJ 00436
• In returning messages; Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -HJ 00512; Conference Committee appointed: Negron, Mahon, Gardiner, Waters, Goodlette, Rubio, Bowen, Brummer, Simmons, Greenstein, Jennings, Seiler, Ryan, Sansom, Mayfield, Brown, Littlefield, Hays, Poppell, Machek, Stansel, Kendrick, Williams, Pickens, Rivera, Attkisson, Baxley, Flores, Altman, Arza, Stargel, Vana, Bendross-Mindingall, Richardson, Justice, Patterson, Coley, Bean, Benson, Cannon, Farkas, Galvano, Garcia, Murzin, Gannon, Sobel, Grimsley, Roberson, Grant, Hukill, Barreiro, Adams, Ambler, Needelman, Joyner, Porth, Kottkamp, Ross, Planas, Gelber, Zapata, Berfield, Carroll, Kreegel, Reagan, Russell, Lopez-Cantera, A Gibson, Taylor, Holloway, D Davis, M Davis, Kravitz, Llorente, Traviesa; Ausley, Cusack, McInvale, Bogdanoff, Allen, Quinones -HJ 00514, -HJ 00519
• Conference Committee appointed: Senators Carlton, Chair; At Large: Miller, Villalobos; Education: Alexander, Chair; Bullard, Constantine, King, Klein, Lynn, Miller, Wise; General Government: Clary, Chair; Baker, Garcia, Lawson, Siplin; Health and Human Services: Saunders, Chair; Bennett, Dawson, Jones, Peaden, Pruitt, Rich, Wilson; Justice: Crist, Chair; Argenziano, Aronberg, Smith, Villalobos; Transportation and Economic Development: Fasano, Chair; Dockery, Hill, Margolis, Sebesta, Webster -SJ 00436
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 01586; Conference Committee Report adopted -HJ 01587; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01591
• In returning messages; Conference Committee Report received -SJ 01520; Conference Committee Report adopted -SJ 01525; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01525
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01643
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-62; See also HB 293 (Ch. 2006-229)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.