CS/SB 2084: Financial Services [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Bennett
Financial Services [EPCC]; sets forth requirements & prohibitions for selling guaranteed asset protection products; includes debt-cancellation products under casualty insurance; revises limitations on amount of authorized insurance for debtors; provides that deposit account by husband & wife is tenancy by entirety; requires state bank or trust company to file written notice before increasing its capital stock, etc. Amends Chs. 520, 624, 627, 655, 658.
Last Action: 5/3/2007 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Pending amendment adopted -SJ 00924; Amendment(s) adopted (772140, 163642); Amendment(s) reconsidered, withdrawn -SJ 00924; Substituted HB 7087 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 00924; Laid on Table -SJ 00924
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce; Finance and Tax; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00137
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/27/07, 9:00 am, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/09/07, 1:15 pm, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00329; CS read 1st time on 04/11/07 -SJ 00338
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Commerce -SJ 00329; On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 04/16/07, 1:30 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00438
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 00438
• Withdrawn from Finance and Tax -SJ 00525; Now in General Government Appropriations
• Withdrawn from General Government Appropriations -SJ 00702; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00799; Amendment(s) adopted (950168, 942400, 653224, 073966) -SJ 00800, -SJ 00831; Amendment pending -SJ 00800
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Pending amendment adopted -SJ 00924; Amendment(s) adopted (772140, 163642); Amendment(s) reconsidered, withdrawn -SJ 00924; Substituted HB 7087 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 00924; Laid on Table -SJ 00924
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.