CS/CS/HB 1167: Reduced Cigarette Ignition/Act [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Policy & Budget Council ; Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council ; Legg
Reduced Cigarette Ignition/Act [EPCC]; Provides cigarette testing methods & performance standards; provides specific testing criteria; requires manufacturers to provide certain written certification; requires cigarettes to be marked in specific manners; provides for alternative testing methods under certain circumstances; provides reporting requirements; provides Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco & State Fire Marshal with certain powers & responsibilities, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-129
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Introduced, referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00093
• On Council agenda-- Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council, 04/01/08, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 00403
• CS read 1st time on 04/02/08 -HJ 00398; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00422
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/15/08, 9:00 am, 212-K
• CS/CS by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 00683
• CS read 1st time on 04/18/08 -HJ 00677; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00692
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00842; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00842
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00877; CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 00877
• In Messages; Received, referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00858; Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00849; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 2640 -SJ 00849; Read 2nd time -SJ 00849
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00881; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00882
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01026
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-129
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.